How do I know if I need one of these services?
Often individuals with and without disabilities face behavioral challenges like:
- Difficulty learning
- Cooperating and building relationships with peers or family members
- Anxiety surrounding doctor, dentist, or haircut appointments
- Disrupted sleep
- Childhood feeding disorders
- Property destruction
- Other disruptive behavior (use form below to inquire about unlisted behaviors of concern)
What services are available?
- Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) – designed to understand “why” behavior is happening; identifies triggers, and possible reinforcers – may be part of IEE (Independent Educational Evaluation)
- Behavior Support Plan (BSP) Development– uses FBA to inform the development of a function-based, individualized treatment plan to ensure consistency across settings
- With parents/caretakers at home and/or in the community
- With teachers or other school personnel
- With homebound teachers
- With group home staff or administrators
- Parent coaching programs – uses evidence-based curricula to help manage disruptive behavior in the home
- Parent Management Training – 12 week course for parents with children with behavioral challenges (e.g., Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, Intermittent Explosive Disorder)
- RUBI Parent Training – 11 week course for parents of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and co-occurring challenging behaviors (e.g., tantrums, aggression, noncompliance)
- Systematic instruction consultation – designed to promote increased learning on IEP objectives – used for discrete trial training and other forms of direct instruction
- Classroom management workshops – provides attendees with evidence-based universal behavior management strategies to be used in the classroom
- Social skills groups – evidence-based social skills training focused on developing peer relationships
(Local or remote services available.)
Feel free to reach out if you are interested in hearing more about services offered by Principled Behavior Consultants.